Nancy Drew:Shadow at the Water's Edge is the 23rd installment to the Nancy Drew PC Series. It was released October 19, 2010.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Nancy Drew - Lani Minella
- Bess Marvin - Jennifer Pratt
- George Fayne - Chiara Motley
- Rentaro Aihara - Marc Biagi
- Miwako Shimizu - Mikano Fukaya
- Yumi Shimizu - Kira Lauren
- Takae Nagai - Waylayn Sharples
- Savannah Woodham - Adrienne Maclain
- Logan Mitchell - Ryan Demerick
- Additional characters - Cris Maxfield, Naoko Nibu-Butler, Akika Tanaka, Adrienne Mclain, and Sana Watterson
Plot[edit | edit source]
In the game, Nancy Drew travels to Japan as an English teacher, with her friends Bess and George, and again Nancy finds herself caught in another mystery, this time in a haunted Japanese inn. Bess and George visit Japan, because there is a technology expo which George wants to visit. Nancy decides to check into her hotel, Ryokan Hiei, but the moment she checks in strange things start happening, like the painting of Miwako's mother breaking. Rumor is said that somebody drowned in one of the baths at the inn, and now their ghost haunts the inn, thus scaring away all guests who stay there. Nancy begins diving into a strange and bizarre mystery and meets a number of characters, such as Yumi, the creative- bento maker and older sister in the Shimizu family, Rentaro, the tech geek and also Miwako's boyfriend, and Takae, the grandmother of Miwako and Yumi, and finally Miwako herself, who is the younger sister who is frantically trying to keep the inn going.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "The world around has become a million different scenes, but here the world does not change" - Takae Nagai on the subject of tradition
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the room tracker on Miwako's computer, some of the people are from past Nancy Drew games, like John Grey from Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon, Simone Mueller and Maya Nguyen from the Final Scene, Helena Berg from Phantom of Venice, Elliot Chen from the Haunted Carousel, and Hal Tanaka from Secrets Can Kill.
- This is the first Nancy Drew game in which a picture is seen of Nancy's face although it is blurry.